Monday, November 11, 2013

Holiday tryouts

Last day off and heading back to work in the morning.  Not much was accomplished craft wise but I did try a new dish out on the minions and got a double thumbs up.

Food

Tonight I tried making a seitan roast stuffed with dressing.  It turned out wonderful!  My thought is to maybe make one of these and a big salad for Thanksgiving or Christmas meals so D and I have foods to eat.

I used the recipe found at Post Punk Kitchen for Seitan Roast Stuffed with Shiitakes and Leeks.  I used what I had on hand.  Portabellas and sweet onions and added shredded carrot, shredded apple, celery.

Seitan Roast.

Picture from PPK.  I forgot to get one of mine and it didn’t last long enough for me to nab one when I remembered.

I paired this with salad and a homemade gravy using onions, mushrooms, garlic, broth, mushroom soup, nutritional yeast, flour, salt, pepper and other seasonings as wanted.

In all Im quite pleased with my playing in the kitchen today.

No comments:

Post a Comment