Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday Update

Not a lot of stitching being done but I have been working working on LHN’s Love.  I need to get this one done as Peace came out and its starting to make noise.  I tried to make sure when I picked Peace up that I have all the colors it needs.

LHN Love

  Love 4-9-13

Ive worked a bit on BBD’s Violet’s Blue but not even close to where I was when I found the plague of frogs.

MMM Food

Another new dish was tested on the minions this week, Vegetarian Chickpea Sandwich Filling.  I found this gem searching for raw foods and found this on AllRecipes.

Vegetarian Chickpea Sandwich Filling

INGREDIENTS:
1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans,
drained and rinsed
1 stalk celery, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:

Drain and rinse chickpeas. Pour chickpeas into a medium size mixing bowl and mash with a fork. Mix in celery, onion, mayonnaise (to taste), lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper to taste.

My Changes

The beans I used were dry – not canned, 16 oz.  Same process as the black beans.  Soak over night, cook for 1 – 1 1/2 hrs.  I used my scale to get the 19 oz for this recipe but next time I will just mix the extras with all the beans I make.

I also used a potato masher on the beans at first.  It was a lot of beans and my hand would have been really not happy at the end of mashing all those beans with a puny fork.  I did use a fork towards the end but also left a number of beans whole (un mushed

Ok, I hate mayo.  Homemade, store bought, olive oil, you name it – all smells like eggs to me and not in a good way.  Plus I didn’t have any. So I added bits of the following:

couple dollops of guacamole
couple dollops of cilantro pesto
a dollop of sour cream
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 celery stalks, chopped
a few dashes of Braggs Seasoning
a few dashes of dried parsley
1/4 cup (or so) of shredded cheese

Best way to eat (personal opinion) – cover a slice of bread with mixture and nuke for no more than 15-20 seconds.  Cheese will melt a bit and its yummy!

I would have a pic of this but alas its all gone and I need to make more

1 comment: