Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Tracking some Sun

On my agenda for today is mapping out where the sun shows/hits the yard. This is for mapping out the yard for where we can plant our summer/fall garden.

I got this wonderful idea from Anna at Walden Effect Homestead. I was only planning on doing it once, mentioned it to P and he suggested doing it throughout the year (ah, thinking outside the box!).

So I picked this morning for my “summer” sun exposure map. Pictures will be taken at 7:30, 10:30, 1:30, 4:30 and 7:30(pm). I figure this will give me a great idea on where the sun shines the most (longest) or doesn’t shine at all.

I started trying to sketch but then did a smarter thing and took pictures. From the pictures I may use the same program Anna used or figure something else out.

As we are still in the process of digging our way out of blackberry infestation I know the pictures taken this summer will be different from next year. Im sure we will have more sun as some of the bushes are very tall and great at blocking rays.

image

(back yard @ 10:30am – at 1:30 its still nice and sunny)

So far both yards are getting lots of sun between 10:30 – 1:30.  That’s good for lots of veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment