Saturday, January 14, 2012

Firsts

We may have our first snow of the winter season (FINALLY) tonight.  Ok, maybe tomorrow morning (which officially is in 20 min).

As I sat and waited, rather impatiently, I learned other firsts.

My first waffle pattern and learning how to do a front post double crochet.  Both are very easy to do.

I came across the waffle pattern while trying to find that elusive perfect pattern to stitch for a bed.  I had a skein lying around and pulled it out and got to work.

Waffle a 1-14-12 (2)

The pattern isnt quite coming out clear in the photo but it sure looks like an "eggo waffle” in person.

While shopping today (getting that out of the way for SNOMAGEDDON 2012) I picked up Donna Kooler’s Encyclopedia of Crochet

image

In this wonderful book there is a pattern for spider web lace that would look wonderful as a scarf.  I have black bamboo silk which I was going to do another diamond eyelet scarf with but black and spiders go together much better!

Well off to bed – hopefully I will see some wonderful whiteness at least sprinkled around when I get up in the morning…

No comments:

Post a Comment