Monday, July 18, 2011

Needing a Screaming Pillow

for screaming into!!

Ok, Im trying to do this blanket for my first crochet project and I cannot get past the first block and its because the math is just plain wrong.

Here are the distructions so far

Ch 35

Row 1: dc in 4th chain from hook, dc in next ch and each ch across – 33dc

Rows 2-18 ch 3, turn, dc in each st across

how here is where my head starts hurting

Round 19 ch 1, do not turn; picot to work along side, work 31 sc evenly spaced along side; picot to work in free loops along opposite side of foundation ch, sc in first ch, sc in next 31 ch, 3 sc in next ch; pivot to work along other side, work 31 sc evenly spaced along side; pivot to work along sts of row 18, 3 sc in first st, sc in next 31 sts, 3sc in last st; join with sl st in first sc.

Now for the math issues.  I am counting a total of 18 dc rows.  If I do a minimum of 2 sc per dc on Round 19 wouldnt that equal 36?!  And wouldnt it look and work wrong to make that 31?  How can I make 36 sc in to 31?

Here is what the “square” looks like currently

Patchwork Throw 7-18-11

Any help would be most appreciated

(off to find a pillow for screaming)