Thursday, July 15, 2010

Flushed

I used a Neti-pot for the first time today and flushed out my sinuses.  image

Let me tell you it was just plain weird.  Not painful or uncomfortable, just weird.  D has been using it for a week and took a night off and noticed how stuffy and plugged his sinuses were today, so he is now hooked.  Im hoping it will help with my allergies and (long shot and here) my snoring.

Ive started running in the morning again.  Im not going whole hog back into C25K but am running for spurts when I feel I can get a way with it.  Only pushing 2 min running intervals atm, May get as far as 3 but playing it really cool.  Ive been able to keep up on my calories spent, took a day off this week and only burned 300 from the ~500 I want to burn daily.

As the lbs are still acting like tar and molasses, Ive taken a look at my % intake of Carbs, Protein and Fat.  So not the 40, 40, 20 for optimum loss.  So I will start working on getting more recipes and foods that will get me to those %.

No pictures today.  Not a lot of stitching.  I found a book I just couldnt put down.  Sci-fi/fantasy, female lead that has the usual hunk male hangers on and totally predictable but funny.  “Touched by an Alien” by Gini Koch.  This is the first of 4 (so far).  I hope that 1) they stay as funny as the first and 2) stay in paperback form for easy purchase (no offence to the writer who Im sure gets a bonus for getting a book into hard – just speculating here).  For some reason the local library doesnt really like sci-fi/fantasy anything, hard to get them to place said books in the correct section.

I havent had a book lately that made me want to finish and not stitch.  Was a nice change.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Neti-pot....a must for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a neti-pot for my sinus infection this spring. I agree. It is just so weird....but it works!!!

    ReplyDelete