Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Stitch group tuesday

Had a good day today. For starters, my friend and I finally caught up with one another, sat down and got her started on her first cross stitch project. I chose to teach her using Claire's Sapin Noel. Simple, very little color changes (if at all) and easy to count the x's. We were able to spend about 1/2 hr working on it. Only issue was I left my stitchy scissors and spare needles at home! Luckily I had an extra needle in another project hidden in my bag and dealt with using office scissors for cutting thread ends.

During stitch group I worked on Santa ornie again (no pic til its done). Picked up another pair of scissors - cause guess what I forgot AGAIN! (*sigh) and got some darker red beads for Santa's bag and more 18ct Aida (ornie fab) in mocha. Why can you not find various colors of 18 or 16ct aida in craft stores (Michaels and Joann's - Im talking to you!!) than White, Oatmeal or antique white? Im just not in to dying my own fabric - yet but I guess starting next year to save some $$, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment