Saturday, July 8, 2017

Progress

Crossfit this week was really good.

P and I started going to the 6:30am class. Its hard really getting moving that early.  First thing is to get food in the bod, prep for the workout to happen.  Sticking with easy oatmeal is nice.  Quick to get ready, add some berries and down it goes.  Next is getting my protein drink for after the WOD and water for during and after ready.

Then its a wait until needing to leave for class. 

On the Fourth, the whole family joined the class where we did Hotshots 19 in remembrance of  the Nineteen members of the Granite Mountain Hotshots firefighting team tragically lost their lives on June 30, 2013, while fighting a fire in Yarnell, Arizona. 

WOD

  • Six rounds for time of:
  • 30 Squats
  • 135 pound Power clean, 19 reps
  • 7 Strict Pull-ups
  • Run 400 meters

I didnt go running, I did 400 meters on a rower and was on my 5th round of Power Cleans (55lbs) when time was called.  P just finished his 5th round, D finished all 6 while DL just started his 5th.  Great way to celebrate the day.

Ive been doing Crossfit for 6 months now and Ive lost ~8 inches.  Weight is more difficult to judge as Im making muscle while I know Im losing weight but so far its been an even score – which Im totally ok with.  I can feel clothes fitting better or looser

No comments:

Post a Comment