Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Fooooood

I noticed, after consuming my awesome dinner tonight that I don’t think Ive shared my vegan stroganoff.

Below is an email I sent to minion the elder in hopes that he might – I don’t know, make dinner for me earlier this summer.  Alas that didn’t happen but the email is quite funny as I went to the extremes to explain where things could be found in various corners of the kitchen.

AND it explains the whole prep of my stroganoff.

Now there is MEAT in the version below. (GASP!)  Have no fear, Ive also included the vegan alternative which I also love to use.

Now for the distructions!

(Email)

Below is my 'recipe' for stroganoff.  If you can get the sauce started and the pot and pan washed that would be wonderful.

I will let you know what is going on as soon as I can.  At this point I should be home at a normal time but anything can happen.

Let me know if you have any questions

Stroganoff

Sauce

Place the following items in a bowl

5-6 tblsp flour

2 tblsp Nutritional Yeast

1 tsp garlic (on the counter)

1/2 tsp pepper (in a jar - second shelf of spice cupboard)

2-3 tsp oregano (in a jar - second shelf of spice cupboard)

1 tsp paprika (in a jar - second shelf of spice cupboard)

3/4 cup milk

whisk together

add

3/4 broth

1 3/4 cup box mushroom soup

whisk

Set aside 

Slice up some mushrooms (6-7 should be fine).  They are in the fridge in the second drawer.  Leave them out and I will cut the rest up.

In the large pan

1/2 cup minced onions (in jar in fridge)

Cook on Med until onions look a bit wilted and soft.

Add

½ - 1 tsp minced garlic (in fridge by the butter, in the door) and cut up mushrooms

Cook until mushrooms are reduced (3-5 min)

Add ground chicken (in the fridge, second drawer.  Use the Mild Italian) (for total vegan use Italian seitan)

Add sauce to meat mix and cook on med – low heat until sauce mix thickens

Turn heat off sauce

In the large pot

Add water about 1/2 way.

Cook on high (dont let the flames go around the base of the pot)

once at boil, toss in some salt, wait for the water to calm down

Add spiral pasta (second or third drawer to the left of stove)

Cook for 11 min.

Drain.

Add pasta back to pot

Add Sauce

Mix

Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment