Friday, January 31, 2014

In time for the weekend

Wonderful Friday!!  Time to wind down, put feet up and relax for the weekend.  Right?

Nope.  Our greenhouse arrived!  So now I really have to get down and go through all the seeds we have and figure out what needs to be started when, planted outside when, which have special needs so Im ready and they are ready when D says the greenhouse is ready.

I know snap peas, lettuce, chard, and spinach will be started first so we can get a spring crop. Tomatillo, tomatoes, cucumbers and summer squash will need to be started inside sometime in March (I think).  Lots to do!

Food

Tonight I amazed myself with dinner.  With no specific thoughts, plans or even ingredients (an important item if you ask me), I took a walk through my Pinterest pins and found a few for Quinoa stir fry so I went digging in cupboards and fridge to find additional items to add to such a dish.

I ended up with quinoa (4 cups), carrots, onions, minced garlic (mmm), red bell pepper, broccoli, mushrooms, seitan and enough teriyaki sauce to cover everything.

Thankfully it was a big hit.

Stitching

First finish for 2014!  I finished another C2C scarf.  This one was gifted to a friend but I did get a pic before sending it off

image

I used a full skein of Red Heart Super Saver so it ended up a bit longer than I expected.

With this one done, I started on my next scarf (using up more of my stash).  This one is using a basket stitch instead of C2C.  I needed a break from all the C2C projects Ive got going and basket is a wonderful thinking break.

image

Ive added 10 rows and have a good view of how wide this scarf is, looks, feels (sort of) and it just looks too wide for me.  7 inches wide.  So it will be frogged and I will re-stitch it so its 5 inches wide.  (chain of 18+4 instead of 24+4 to start)

Cat

I shall leave you with yet another cat pic.  P came home from school and found Loki sacked out on DL’s afghan.  Sadly Loki got woken up during the picture taking process.

image

No comments:

Post a Comment