Monday, January 21, 2013

Getting whens mixed

I am greatly enjoying Grandma’s stories.  One I typed up to be published later this month is closer to my heart than those Ive shared so far.  Its funny how I didn’t catch up on what she was writing about until I got 1/2 way in.  She bounces between calling her parents mom and dad and herself and grandpa mom and dad that it can be a while before I catch on which “time” the story is in.

This story was a bit on my parents, when they met.  It was written many, many years later given she wrote about my sister at the end.

Dragon of Earth

Another finish for 2013

Dragon of Earth 1-21-13 Finish

Dragon Dreams Dragon of Earth.  No changes made to fibers

Dinner

Creamy Slow-Cooker Tortellini Soup

Creamy Slow-Cooker Tortellini Soup

Ingredients

  • 6 cups of your favorite homemade meaty spaghetti sauce or 24 oz jar prepared spaghetti sauce + 1/2 lb browned ground beef + 1/2 lb browned Italian sausage
  • 1/2 bag (4.5 oz) fresh spinach leaves
  • 4 C chicken broth
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 16 oz frozen cheese tortellini

Instructions

  1. Combine spaghetti sauce, spinach, cream cheese, chicken broth, and mushrooms in a slow-cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, on high for 3-4.
  2. 20 minutes before serving, turn heat to high if it isn't already an stir in frozen tortellini. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until tender and hot.
  3. Serve topped with parmesan cheese.

**Changes Ive made

2 cups broth, 1 1/4 cup portabella soup, 1/2 c Sweet Potato soup, 1/4 c French onion soup.  I added the spinach 1/2 way through cooking.  I wouldn’t suggest doing this on a normal crockpot but I cooked this in my Ninja cooker and there is a big steam hole in the lid and I take that as ok for me to lift the lid for a quick moment Smile with tongue out

1 comment: