Monday, April 4, 2011

Milestone Day

My youngest turned 10 today.  Big milestone for him.  Of course now he cant wait to drive the trucks…

For now he will have to deal with the Kick Ass new bike he got (after he gets the hang of riding it)

I havent been able to really sit down and relax or stitch much.  See I was a tad overwhelmed this week, having completely misplaced the date of the BIG DAY.  So blaming the business of late Feb early March.

But the party was put together and a good time had by all. (and for the record Bullwinkle’s Family Fun Center is LOUD!!)

I do have some updates of what I have been able to pick up and add x’s to.

First is Snowy Night by Prairie Schooler.  Not much added but some better than none.

Snowy Night 4-4-11

Next Stained Glass Pine by Ink Circles.  Ive been working on this one this evening.  Adding more of the outside outline.

Stained Glass Pine 4-4-11

Then Quaker Study by CHS.  This was pulled out this weekend while I waited for P to finish his Saturday Academy class.  He is taking microbiology, getting his hands on for CSI stuff.  Good stitching time for me with the 2.5hrs of waiting.

Quaker Study 4-4-11

And finally His Name.  I just cant get a good stitching rhythm on this piece.  Im blaming all that darn yellow.  Its a gift and not for me but all that yellow is hard to get through.

His Name 4-4-11

Thank you for the comments on framed Tanglewood.  It was fun picking out the right colors of mats and the cut-outs.  Only the top was chosen and that style keeps with the leaves and bends of the tree.  Now to find that perfect spot on a wall…

1 comment:

  1. Quaker Study looks fantastic. I love the fabric and floss colors.

    ReplyDelete