Saturday, November 27, 2010

Practice

I spent more working on casting on and moving on to the first knit row today.  This evening I even tried a second knit row and failed spectacularly!  Learning what works for me and how to loosen up my stitches.

I was using #7 needles today and seemed to have better luck, at least with the looser stitches for the most part.

Only other major thing I did was work more on Quaker Stocking.

Quaker Stocking 11-27-10

Finished two motifs, each one is a mini happy dance – closer to finishing.  I’ll take those where I can.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your learning to knit. I've tried knitting and crochet several times but just can't seem to get the hang of it, and keep coming back to my cross stitch.
    Well done on two more mini happy dances as well, I love designs like that when each motif is a happy dance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done any knitting for years so not sure I'd get it right now!

    Love your Quaker stocking.

    ReplyDelete