Monday, November 1, 2010

Its snowing leaves!

I love this time of year, working downtown and watching the leaves blowing high in the sky.  Some can get up 6-7 stories high.  It doesnt look like it will be snowing leaves much longer as the trees are almost bare.  Must have been blustery this weekend as Friday they were still full.

By the end of the day, most of the leaves on the street I work on were pretty much on the ground.  No more blowing in the wind – it was pouring rain.

I am trying another tactic at home to at least get homework completed.  Best I can do, make sure it is done.  All I can do to get it turned in is NAG.

Boys arent allowed to watch TV or do anything else they want (P likes to watch videos on Netflix or ipod or paint his Warhammer figures, DL is just stuck with playing with toys) until they show me their planner, filled out with correct info (homework handed out that day) and proof it was completed and upon me signing that day’s journal entry.

So far today P did good.  DL left his planner at school (very common for him that something is left at school) so no fun things for him today.  Today what he really wanted was Hot Cocoa.  All he needed was the planner and all would be good but, alas it was not to be. 

The cocoa will be awaiting him for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment