Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Books, books, books

Thanks to birthday presents, I was able to make a large purchase at Powell's Books today. Sad that $50 doesn't make the dent in the store's inventory that it used to. I barely made it out with 4 books. I had a 5th but decided it was better borrowed from the library than taking up a space in my book case. I did get a couple of books Ive been trying to find for the last 6 months or so, Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews and Time's Child by Rebecca Ore. Both books aren't available through my library and no book stores had them around where I live. I thought it an extra bonus day that I was able to find just one, let alone both. Another book I bought is Runemarks by Joanne Harris. The issue I had finding this was that it was located in the young adult science-fiction section and not in my regular hunting grounds. Add that it was the most expensive book in the bunch (darn hardbacks anyway). Good thing is I know I can share this one with P, once I'm done that is. He has just about as bad a book bug as I do! The 4th book is To Hell and Back by Lilith Saintcrow. This is the 5th and final book in the Dante Vanentine series. It has been a great ride with Dante BUT Lilith was evil enough to leave a teaser for her next series in the back - RUDE! Now I have another to add to my ever growing list of books I want.

Now the wait is on for the end of February and the release of The Outlaw Demon Wails by Kim Harrison, She is even including Powell's again on her book tour, she is an author I enjoy seeing in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment