Monday, August 20, 2007

Homer watch 2007!

Ok, the remodel caused us to move (duh!) but we couldn't bring Homer with us. The cost was too much for the small amount of time we would be in an apt. So, I asked my parents if they would mind having him as a house guest and they graciously accepted.

The emails below are from my Mom, letting me know how Homer was handling the change. I will add more as she sends me info.

8/6 11:10pm
Well, I did talk him out of the corner and he did come into the kitchen, but not for long. His food is still in the bowl. Right now, we have no idea where he is hiding. Dad was able to rub his head a little, but not much. Poor thing.

Mom

8/6 11:42 pm
Apparently, he ventured through the kitchen to the laundry area. He is behind, get ready, the washing machine!!! :o)

Mom

8/7 2:12 pm
He has been spotted. Well, at least his tail has been seen :o) He is/was behind the dryer. I talked to him and “warned” him about turning on the dryer. It did surprise him and little. Oh, he just walked through the kitchen. How do you like the Homer sighting saga, so far? His dishes haven’t been touched, as far as we can tell.

~M~

8/7 9:09 pm
Tell Dan thanks for the reminder about rattling the food dish. At least Homer showed some interest. Oh, yes, he did come out of hiding—wherever that was. He even wandered down the hall, but I didn’t see him return to the kitchen. He is SO quiet. Oops, I hear him meowing and Dad isn’t paying attention. It may be his water that I need to change, since he seems interested. We may have to get a collar and some type of bell so I know where he is.

M~

8/7 10:48 pm
He hasn’t eaten all of his food, but sure is wandering around. Right now, he is lying on the kitchen floor just like he’s always belonged there. He also climbed over some stuff I wouldn’t have thought possible. It’s one of my goals, for the next few weeks, is getting rid of most of that and more.

He is SO quiet!!!! He has moved from the kitchen, again. I think he will be O.K. :o)

M~

8/8
All is well. He seems content to be parked under a desk, in the living room. His bed is in the dining room and I don’t think he has used it once, so far. He talked a little bit last night, but not a whole lot.

M~

8/9 12:34 am
There isn’t a lot to report tonight. He has eaten some and seemed to complain about his food and water. So, I added a little to his bowls and he seemed O.K. about that. He’s been pretty quiet. He’s stretched out in the kitchen, again. He’s probably really glad there isn’t a whole lot of noise, etc. He hasn’t “talked” a lot, just some. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.

M~

8/9 8:48am
Dad is at the airport. He and Homer had a chat this morning, as Homer lounged in the kitchen and Dad had to stop over him. It was a friendly chat :o) He is a late night cat, isn’t he? I forgot to tell you that last night he swatted the bag of cat food. O.K. I moved the bag. His bowl still has food in it, so we know he isn’t gobbling it down.

M~

8/19
Apparently Homer feels more at home now. He was able to get up onto the couch and is now acting as if he owns it. I'll send pics as soon as I can.

M~

No comments:

Post a Comment