Sunday, February 3, 2013

Super Sunday

No Im not one to watch the game.  D and I will most likely turn it on when there is 10 or so min to go so he can see where he landed in the pool and check the end score.

Thanks to YouTube, I don’t even have to wait until game day to catch the good commercials – which is the main reason I used to watch.

LNS Finds

My Super Sunday was due to my LNS being open for a bit today.  They normally are for the first Sunday of the month.  Just so happened it was Super Bowl as well.  They teamed up with a drawing for discounts.  My hot little hand picked out a 40%-off chip!  Woot!

I picked up Violets Blue by BBD

BBD Violets Blue

I will be stitching on Vintage Pecan Butter by Lakeside Linen (32ct) and changed up the threads.  Only original Im keeping is WDW Saltwater Taffy

image

Not sure when I will get this started but it’s kitted up and ready to go.

and

LHN Hope

LHN Hope

I also switched out the DMC for the Sullivans equivalent – no changes in colors.  Im also sticking with the called for fabric for this first go around.  I will get started on this little one as soon as Dragon of Water is complete.  See if I can get it done before the next one is released next month.

Dragon of Water

Dragon of Water 2-3-13 

Back in the black for x’s.  Of course it’s the last one that seems to be causing the most grief.  I had to get out the scissors for the head earlier and almost had to do it again for another section.  Thankfully it was just a bit of back tracking that was easily done.

Dinner

Tonight’s dinner is Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki.

Ingredients

Chicken thighs (I tossed in about 9-10)

1/2 bottle of Soy-Teriyaki sauce.  Bottle was 19oz, I used 9.

20oz can of diced or crushed pineapple, drained

Rice (your choice here, I used Basmati)

Package of veggies to steam

1 T Cornstarch

1 T cold water

Directions

Add chicken to the slow cooker, then pour sauce over the chicken, last pour drained pineapple over everything.  Let it think on low 4-6 hrs ( or high for 2-3).

When there is about an hr remaining for chicken to cook, get started on the rice.  I used Basmati rice and it has to think for 40 min.  Add 5-10 for the water to get boiling and a 5 min think time after fluffing and you see why I suggest start the rice an hr before the slow cooker is done.

I picked up a package of broccoli slaw to steam.

When the chicken is done, remove as much chicken as you can from the pot.  Pour the juices into a sauce pan and bring to a boil.  Let it boil 5 min.  Mix the cornstarch and water together in a small dish and add it to the juices.  Stir and boil for 1 min, then remove from heat.

When everything is complete, plate/bowl rice, add the chicken, sauce and top with some steamed veggies.

Any sesame seeds for sprinkling could be added if wanted.

**Verdict**

Thumbs up from the troops.  Barely enough leftovers for D to take for lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful new stash at an amzing price! Lucky girl!
    Dinner sounds like it was yummy too.

    ReplyDelete