Sunday, September 30, 2012

Is Sunday over yet?

What is it about weekends that let you toss your somewhat normal weekday schedule to the back 40?  Stay up late, wake up even later and try to have an “Im not doing a damn thing today” day?

Sat was my do nothing day.  Sunday tends to be my run around town, gathering all the foods stuffs for the week, get laundry done, and hope there is time to get to other stuff.

Today the running around town included looking for black wings for P’s Halloween costume. Went to two shops and nothing “fit” the image in his brain.  Not sure how successful this will end up.  Thankfully(?) DL has no clue what he wants to do this year.

Tonight’s feasting was Baked Spaghetti.  It was yummy!  Now for the changes (oh like you knew that was going to happen!)

I kept the tomato paste and one can of diced tomatoes (with basil & garlic) and added a can of tomato sauce.  Also added oregano and Italian spices to taste.  I used ground turkey instead of sausage (its what was in the freezer).  I also added about 1/4 c nutritional yeast and about a tsp of turmeric.  Last thing I changed was using ricotta cheese over feta.

Over all it looked like a spaghetti version of lasagna – not bad at all.  And when minions ask for seconds you know it was a winner Smile

Another winner are Coach’s Cereal Cups to go muffins.  One batch makes 48 mini muffins, a perfect amount for each minion to take 4 muffins with their lunch to school.  Better than granola bars.

And with that my energy is spent.  Im putting my feet up for the day and calling it done.  Well, until the final wash load buzzes me from the washer, demanding to be dried…

No comments:

Post a Comment