Monday, May 5, 2008

Rest days

Took a break from stitching yesterday. Had to run out and get DL some nice pants for Gerry's service (all he had were jeans, cargo or sweats), return bottles and cans, and get nylons for me. Of course the nylons didn't even last 3 hrs before getting a nice big run in them. $7 gone in a flash. Then we were off to the service and food afterwards. By the time we got home, I just didn't have it in me to get any projects out.

I did manage to figure out how to make this blog 3 columns from 2, moved the blogs to grok to the left and easier to find and lurk. Also lurked through a few fave blogs to catch up on what people were up to and find some new ones to lurk in. Also found a better gadget for blog lists that shows when they were last updated. Makes lurking just that much easier as I can see when blogs were last changed and look at those rather than search through the whole list (which seems to grow and grow and grow)

Today I decided to start an Ort jar. Its not much atm, right now its in an old jam jar without a lid (that was tossed in recycle weeks ago). Hoping to make some time to hit Goodwill and see what need glass containers they might have. We don't have any other 2nd hand stores around for looking. Reading a few other blogs, endings from the current year or even just those from Dec and place them in a see-through ornament and place the year on the ornament. I'll just have to see how much I can add between now and Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I know blog lists are handy, but you should really try an RSS reader like Google Reader. It puts ALL your blog feeds in one place and updates it when new things are posted. You can add new blogs to it at any time by clicking that square box with the radial lines in it (at least in the URL line in Firefox. YMMV.) There is a blog reader on my main page, right hand side about three sections down. You can even find a RSS feed for your comments, so you will always know when a comment is made on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the 3 columns blog ;) Yep, google reader is so easy to use: that's where I go and read my blogs !!! So convenient ;)

    I, I update daily so for people who reads me it's easier to have me in their google reader. ( or bloglines)

    ReplyDelete